A blog dedicated to the world of broadcast and public relations
Thursday, January 24, 2013
PRSA Presents “Social Media Trends in Communications for 2013” Event
Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, oh my! As social media becomes a staple in the PR profession, it is admissible to stay on top of the newest and hottest trends. Although as social media continues to grow, it’s not always easy to know every shortcut and acronym on new sites like Pinterest and Google Plus+. How do we know which ones to invest our time on and, in general, how much time should we spend on social media efforts?
PRSA will be hosting a February workshop, “Social Media Trends in Communications for 2013.” This workshop will discuss strategies you will want to use in line with 2013’s social media trends, including:
- Taking advantage of visual trends in social media which cut across all platforms;
- Making better use of “unlikely” marketing tools like SlideShare, Pinterest and IFTTT;
- Integrating social media more fully into your operations, so it’s no longer “one more thing to do;”
- How social media has become part of a larger “owned and shared media” strategy which fits into the mix alongside “earned” and “paid” media; and
- How you can plot out your current activities and identify gaps with a proven framework.
Panelists will include Denise Graveline, from don’t get caught; a consultancy where she helps clients stay ahead of the curve, without a message or speechless with social media strategies, media relations strategies and speaker and media training. Anthony Shop is the Managing Director at Social Driver, a digital agency that connects companies and nonprofits with their audiences online. Anthony leads a team of strategists, developers and designers to build social, mobile and web experiences that achieve results. Susan Matthews Apgood of News Generation, Inc. will be moderating this workshop.
To register, visit http://www.prsa-ncc.org/social-media-trends-communications-2013
$10 extra at the door
Online registration will close at 10am on February 19
Date & Time: February 20, 2013 – 8:00am to 10:00am
U.S. Navy Memorial & Heritage Center
701 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Metro: Navy Memorial/Archives (yellow and green lines)
For directions/parking, go to www.navymemorial.org