A blog dedicated to the world of broadcast and public relations
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Community Profits Montgomery Showcases Local Businesses Committed to Giving Back
News Generation is proud to announce its involvement with Community Profits Montgomery. Community Profits Montgomery (CPM) was created in 2012 by Bethesda Magazine and C.Fox Communications, two local companies that believe in the idea of giving back meaningfully and inspiring other local business leaders to do the same.
Membership to Community Profits Montgomery is limited to Montgomery County, Maryland-based organizations that contribute at least 2%, with a minimum of $5,000, of their operating income to charitable organizations that support the County. Thus far, there are 19 members of the program. Organizations may also contribute skills-based, quantifiable pro bono time to local nonprofits if they are related to their core business function.
To recognize these businesses’ generosity and to incentivize them to continue to give back, Community Profits Montgomery members receive regular media visibility, and professional development and networking opportunities. These opportunities include:
- Inclusion in Community Profits Montgomery advertisements in every Bethesda Magazine issue and on BethesdaMagazine.com;
- Participation in the Community Profits Montgomery Guide, which will appear in the November/December 2013 issue of Bethesda Magazine. The Guide will profile Community Profits Montgomery members and their philanthropic efforts;
- A company profile and logo on the Community Profits Montgomery website;
- Invitation to members-only professional development and networking events;
- Counsel from The Community Foundation for Montgomery County about making strategic investments in the community; and
- Inclusion in a regular Community Profits Montgomery newsletter that highlights philanthropic activities of members.
Interested businesses may still get involved in this initiative. For more information on how your business can get involved, please visit the Community Profits Montgomery website. Overall, Community Profits Montgomery is an initiative that not only helps the community, but also its local businesses. It is truly a win-win situation for the County.