A blog dedicated to the world of broadcast and public relations
Monday, July 15, 2013
PRSA-NCC Presents “Using Social Media to Drive Influence” on August 14th at 8:00 a.m.
Social Media is more than just another marketing channel. It is a two-way communications tool that can help drive thought leadership online and off. Communications executives who understand how social media can drive business results become the trusted advisors of their CEOs and clients, providing value that crosses from communications and marketing and into overall business strategy.
Driving Your Social Strategy. This is not a typical social media workshop. They will not teach you what a hashtag is or the difference between liking and following. They won’t even tell you how to tweet. They will pose serious questions about how to develop an “owned media” strategy that complements and supports earned and paid media.
This workshop will cover the following learning objectives:
- Introduce proven frameworks to help you assess your current digital strategy and plot a roadmap for success;
- Review the difference between Talking, Listening, Engaging and Sharing, highlighting examples of each and when they are most effective for your strategy;
- Identify how to align business goals with different digital strategies, and specifically, how to measure progress;
- How organizations are using social media and best practices for engaging audiences;
- “Bringing along” and educating leadership on the importance and practices of social media; and
- Hands on working knowledge of social media campaigns, please bring your tablet or laptop.
- Anthony Shop, Managing Director and Co-Founder of the leading digital agency Social Driver, will provide an overview of how leading corporations and nonprofits are using social media to address a range of business challenges, from improving employee performance to deepening relationships with stakeholders. He will also share how digital agencies develop strategies to produce results for their clients.
- Christina Gordon, Director of Communications of the advocacy nonprofit Change the Equation, will address social media from the inside. She will describe how executive level goals translate into strategies and tactics that produce measurable results. Christina will also address the pros and cons of working with outside consultants to manage social media accounts.
Event Date: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., to register, visit https://www.prsa-ncc.org/using-social-media-drive-influence
Cost: $35 PRSA and WWPR Members, $55 non-members, $10 students/retireess, $10 additional at the door
Location: U.S. Navy Memorial & Heritage Center, 701 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004
Metro: Yellow/Green lines – Navy Memorial/Archives. For directions/parking, go to www.navymemorial.org/