A blog dedicated to the world of broadcast and public relations
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Event Invitation: Media Relations Bootcamp & Luncheon
Thank you for your interest! Response has been tremendous. Event registration is now closed.
As the winter doldrums set in and people start to hibernate, we find ourselves antsy for professional interaction mixed with a bit of fun. As such, we invite you to get yourself in tip-top pitching shape with a different kind of bootcamp. We have created a hands-on session with an esteemed panel of some of the area’s leading broadcast personalities and news reporters to sharpen your media relations skill set while you enjoy lunch with your communications peers.
We are confident you will learn:
- How to craft a winning pitch for phone and email;
- How to make that pitch work in the current multiplatform reality;
- Strategies to find and effectively pitch the right journalists; and
- What turns off journalists most and how to avoid common pitfalls.
Here is the 411:
- 12 to 12:15 check-in & networking
- 12:15 to 1:30 panel, lunch & discussion
- Where: Carmine’s Restaurant: Penn Quarter, 425 7th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. (Metro Stop: Gallery Place)
- Fee: $15
- Michelle Basch, Reporter, WTOP-FM, @mbaschWTOP
- Matt Bush, Maryland Reporter, WAMU 88.5, @mattbushmd
- Tommy McFly, Host, The Tommy Show, 94.7 Fresh FM, @TommyMcFLY
- Alisa Parenti, Anchor, MarketWatch, @alisaparenti
Registration is now closed. Check back for a recap of the event.