A blog dedicated to the world of broadcast and public relations
Monday, August 4, 2014
Recent Survey Proves Email Newsletters are the “Go-To” for News
by Alicyn Grow
With so many news and social media outlets available these days, how do you know which is the best way to get your news? A recent article published in The Strategist by Greg Beaubien says that professionals in the business world still use e-mail and e-mail newsletters as a main source for news. A post from the Nieman Journalism Lab states, “60 percent of executives surveyed said that an email newsletter is one of the first three news sources they turn to in the morning- ahead of news apps, social networks, or news sites on mobile devices or desktops.” The company behind the survey in Beaubien’s article, Quartz, surveyed 940 executives in work environments such as finance, media, health care, technology and management consulting. Here are the results from the survey:
- Fifty-six percent said that an email newsletter is a primary source for staying current on industry news (which was ahead of industry-news sites and general-news sites);
- Just 3 percent called print their primary news source;
- Two percent cited television as their primary news source;
- Eighty percent said that email is their platform of choice to share news, compared with forty-three percent who prefer Twitter for news sharing;
- Thirty percent who use Facebook and thirty percent who choose LinkedIn to share news.
The numbers don’t lie; email newsletters are a great source for industry news. And what a coincidence! You will be receiving your “Tuning In” newsletter from us in just one short week! Make sure to read through the August 2014 newsletter to get all the information and news that you need.