A blog dedicated to the world of broadcast and public relations
Thursday, August 7, 2014
Join PRSA-NCC for “Creating PR Magic…on a Shoestring Budget”
Join PRSA-NCC for “Creating PR Magic…on a Shoestring Budget: What every PR practitioner needs to know about how to conduct effective communications with today’s high expectations and limited resources” on Wedesnday, August 13 from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. at the U.S. Navy Memorial.
The boom days of lucrative PR budgets are long gone. Making every penny count is now the name of the game. And nowhere is that more important than in the nonprofit/association world where practitioners are challenged with creative ways to stretch their budget and yet are still expected to show value and results to their Board of Directors, their donors, and their membership. So how do they do it?
Whether you work for a not-for-profit or a for-profit organization, there is something to be learned by everyone from our panel of veteran communications professionals who are masters at creating value for their organizations. They will share their tips and techniques for how they have been able to ensure success.
- How to structure your department to ensure maximum efficiency and cost savings
- How to break through the clutter and get your organization noticed
- The key to leveraging partnership and connections
- Tips for making the most of your budget
- Helpful tools and resources
- Free and low-cost ways to measure ROI
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Time: 8:00 to 10:00 a.m., with 8:00-8:30am: Networking, Registration, Continental Breakfast; 8:30-10:00am: Program and Q&A
Location: U.S. Navy Memorial (701 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Washington, DC 20004)
Metro: Navy Memorial/Archives (green & yellow lines)
Cost: (includes continental breakfast)
- $35 PRSA and WWPR Members
- $55 Nonmembers
- $10 Students/Retirees
$10 additional at the door
- Dionne Clemons, Ph.D., Division Director, Communications and Community Engagement, United Planning Organization
- Jeff Ghannam, Communications Director, Wildlife Habitat Council
- Alicia Mitchell, Senior Vice President for Communications, American Hospital Association
- Lindsay Nichols, Senior Director, Marketing & Communications, GuideStar USA, Inc.