A blog dedicated to the world of broadcast and public relations
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Join PRSA-NCC for “Taking it to the Tweets: How Digital Advocacy Will Shape Public Affairs in 2015”
8:00-8:30am – Networking, Registration, Continental Breakfast
8:30-10:00am – Program & Q&A
Want to reach the 114th Congress or the Obama Administration in 2015? Letters to the editor of the local paper, or fly-ins may not be enough to get public policy results.
Today, winning public affairs campaigns leverage Vine videos, mobile-friendly content, Twitter outreach and more to reach busy policymakers and their staff.
As the campaigns of 2015 are now being shaped, hear from leaders in public policy and government affairs who have mastered the newest online media tools as part of their advocacy in Washington — and what you can expect next.
This event will cover the following:
- An overview of how social media can help you target your audience and analyze their public conversations
- Examples of how digital and social media have been integrated into successful advocacy campaigns
- What to expect from policymakers and public affairs professionals in the 114th Congress
- Allie Walker, Communications Specialist at Honda North America and former Press Secretary to Congressman Dave Camp and the Ways and Means Committee
- Phillip Lovell, Vice President for Policy and Advocacy – Comprehensive School Reform at Alliance for Excellent Education
Moderator: Anthony Shop, Chief Strategy Officer & Co-Founder, Social Driver
$35 PRSA and WWPR Members
$10 more at the door
Online registration will close at 10:00am on Tuesday, Nov. 18