Summer 2017 Media Relations & Marketing Internship Opportunity
Do you have a passion for communications and PR? We are looking for a Summer intern to work with our team on our marketing and media relations efforts. The ideal candidate has:
- Strong interest in public relations and/or journalism;
- Writing and proofreading skills to assist with writing blog posts, pitches and scripts;
- Research skills to find potential clients, as well as media contacts;
- Ability to proficiently use multiple social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn;
- Creativity to offer ideas as an active member of the team;
- Customer service mindset to effectively help field client/prospective client calls;
- Strong ability to work well with a team;
- An eye for newsworthiness; and
- Availability and interest to attend/assist with industry networking events.
Candidate must be a good communicator, professional, detail-oriented, and punctual. Applicants should be available 30-35 hours per week. Our office is located across the street from the Bethesda Metro station. Intern should be a current undergraduate or graduate student, and will be paid $12 per hour. All applications must include a cover letter, a resume and one writing sample. Please e-mail email@example.com and include “Internship Application – Summer 2017” in the subject line.
We do not have any other current openings, but we’re always on the lookout for talented, dedicated people to join our team. If you think you’d be a good addition, send us a message.