March Event: Media Relations Workshop & Luncheon
Thank you for your interest! Response has been tremendous. Event registration is now closed.
Do you live in the greater Washington metropolitan area? Or plan to be in the area on Thursday, March 6? If so, we invite you join a hands-on session with an esteemed panel of some of the area’s leading broadcast personalities and news reporters to sharpen your media relations skill set and enjoy lunch with your communications peers.
We are confident you will learn:
- How to craft a winning pitch for phone and email;
- How to make that pitch work in the current multiplatform reality;
- Strategies to find and effectively pitch the right journalists; and
- What turns off journalists most and how to avoid common pitfalls.
Here is the 411:
- What: Expert Panel Workshop & Luncheon
- When: Thursday, March 6, 2014 – 12noon to 1:30 p.m.
- 12 to 12:15 check-in & networking
- 12:15 to 1:30 panel, lunch & discussion
- Where: Carmine’s Restaurant: Penn Quarter, 425 7th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. (Metro Stop: Gallery Place)
- Fee: $15
- Michelle Basch, Reporter, WTOP-FM, @mbaschWTOP
- Matt Bush, Maryland Reporter, WAMU 88.5, @mattbushmd
- Tommy McFly, Host, The Tommy Show, 94.7 Fresh FM, @TommyMcFLY
- Alisa Parenti, Anchor, MarketWatch, @alisaparenti
Registration is now closed. Check back for a recap of the event.