Audio News Releases
An audio news release (ANR) is a news story with two 15-second soundbites pitched to targeted newsrooms by our team. The release is pitched to stations and networks over the phone. ANRs are pitched during morning drive time, when newsrooms are fully staffed. Stations and networks can download audio from our news content site, broadcastnewsresource.com. The script is e-mailed to stations and networks as well.
Benefits of Service:
- Maximized exposure by reaching many stations/networks in a short period of time;
- Effective in quick turnaround situations, if necessary (about 24 hours);
- Personalized contact with reporters when pitching the story; and
- Ability to localize a national story via localized sound bites.
The Service Includes:
- Writing the script (with your final approval);
- Recording spokesperson’s soundbites over the phone;
- Editing spokesperson’s soundbites;
- Targeting appropriate stations and/or networks;
- Personalized phone pitching;
- Placement on our content website, broadcastnewsresource.com;
- Audio copy of the produced soundbites;
- Verification of usage to 100% of accepting stations/networks;
- Engaging monitoring companies to help verify usage;
- Interim update three business days after the initial pitching; and
- Final Broadcast Usage Report to include full usage information five business days after the initial pitching.
To Begin the Service, the Following is Needed:
- Background information — a press kit, press releases, fact sheets, and/or articles to write the script;
- Spokesperson’s availability — recording takes about fifteen minutes and is completed over the phone;
- Minimum of twenty-four hours lead time; and
- Basic demographic and geographic information for targeting.