Audio News Releases
An audio news release (ANR) is your news story with a 15-second soundbite(s) pitched to targeted newsrooms by our team. The release is pitched and fed to interested stations and networks over the phone. ANRs are pitched during morning drive time when newsrooms are fully staffed. Stations and networks can download audio from our radio content site broadcastnewsresource.com, request an audio file via e-mail or record an audio feed over a phone line. The script is e-mailed to stations and networks as well.
Benefits of Service:
- Maximize exposure by reaching many stations/networks in a short period of time;
- Effective in quick turnaround situations, if necessary (about 24 hours);
- Personalized contact with radio reporters when pitching the story; and
- Ability to localize a national story via localized sound bites.
The Service Includes:
- Writing the announcement (with your final approval);
- Recording spokesperson’s sound bite(s) over the phone;
- Editing spokesperson’s sound bite(s);
- Targeting appropriate stations and/or networks;
- Personalized media relations phone pitching;
- Placement on content website: broadcastnewsresource.com;
- Audio copy of the produced sound bite(s);
- Verification of usage to 100% of accepting stations/networks;
- Interim updates on usage during the follow-up process; and
- Final Broadcast Usage Report to include full usage information.
To Begin the Service, the Following is Needed:
- Background information — a press kit, press releases, fact sheets, and/or articles to write the script;
- Spokesperson’s availability — recording takes about ten minutes and is completed over the phone;
- Twenty-four hours or more lead time; and
- Basic demographic and geographic information for targeting.