A b-roll package is a compilation of interviews and video footage that is edited for reporters and producers for coverage of your story on television. Stations can download this package via a satellite feed or from our broadcast content site, broadcastnewsresource.com. A broadcast alert is utilized to alert stations and networks of the video. Each station and/or network that downloads the video is contacted to determine usage.
Benefits of Service:
- Maximize exposure by reaching many stations/networks in a short period of time; and
- Ability to localize a national story via localized sound bites.
The Service Includes:
- Writing the pitch notification to accompany the bites and b-roll (with your final approval);
- One day shooting (travel outside of Washington, D.C. or New York City may be additional budget);
- A crew and producer to shoot the soundbites, footage and visuals;
- Producing the b-roll package;
- Targeting appropriate stations and/or networks;
- Distributing a broadcast alert to a predetermined number of stations/networks;
- Placement of the package on satellite feed and on our content website: broadcastnewsresource.com;
- Video copy of the produced b-roll package;
- Personal follow-up calls to 100% of stations/networks that download the feed;
- Interim updates on usage during the follow up process; and
- Final Broadcast Usage Report to include full usage information.
To Begin the Service, the Following is Needed:
- Background information to include a press kit, press releases, fact sheets, and/or newspaper articles to write the notification;
- The details of the visuals of the shoot;
- Spokesperson’s availability, recording of your spokesperson takes about one hour;
- Three or more business days lead time; and
- Basic demographic and geographic information for targeting appropriate stations and/or networks.