A podcast is an audio file with narration and series of sound bites, announcements or a conversation with your spokesperson. Radio reporters, consumers and internal employees can access them on broadcastnewsresource.com and can download or stream them online to a computer or mobile device. A broadcast alert will accompany each podcast to inform broadcast reporters of the availability, if requested. An audio file is also available for your internal use and to post on your website.
Benefits of Service:
- Ability to put a personal touch and voice to external communications;
- Cost-effective way to distribute content;
- Ability to reach consumers directly; and
- Useful as a tool to reach internal employees with an update or internal news at the same time.
The Service Includes:
- Writing and producing the introduction and spokesperson’s sound bites into one complete podcast package;
- If requested, a full interview can be conducted with your spokesperson and a member of our experienced broadcast team
- Recording the spokesperson’s sound bites in person or over the phone;
- Placement of podcast on content website broadcastnewsresource.com;
- Sending a broadcast alert to radio stations; and
- Final Podcast Wrap-Up Report.
To Begin the Service, the Following is Needed:
- Background information that includes a press kit, press releases, fact sheets, and/or newspaper articles to write the introduction;
- Spokesperson’s availability of date and time for recording the interview;
- A JPEG logo or graphic; and
- Three business days lead time.
Below is a podcast on “Make Eye Health a Priority During Healthy Vision Month” with Dr. Rachel J. Bishop, National Eye Institute:
Below is a sample podcast on Media Training: