Public Service Announcements
Public service announcements (PSAs) are produced audio reports or written scripts from a non-profit organization, foundation or charity, generally running 15-seconds and/or 30-seconds in length. PSAs are generated for on-air use by radio stations and/or networks to promote a specific social message aimed at increasing public awareness or having listeners take action on a particular issue.
Benefits of Service:
- Builds an organization’s image and drives action; and
- Gives organization ability to localize a national story.
The Service Includes:
- Consultation on creative work and production of PSA;
- Recording PSA via phone or formatting recorded PSAs;
- Targeting appropriate stations and/or networks;
- Writing a cover letter to accompany the PSA;
- Distributing cover letter and scripts via broadcast alert;
- Placement on content website: broadcastnewsresource.com;
- Verification of usage through e-mail response from stations/networks;
- Additional verification through a 10% random sample of stations/networks;
- Interim updates on usage during the follow-up process; and
- Final Broadcast Usage Report to include full usage information.
To Begin the Service, the Following is Needed:
- Background information — a press kit, press releases, fact sheets, and/or articles to write the cover letter;
- Spokesperson’s availability for recording or produced
public service announcements; and
- Basic demographic and geographic information for targeting.