Satellite Media Tours
A satellite media tour (SMT) is a series of back-to-back television and video interviews that allows your spokesperson to be interviewed by multiple television stations and/or networks within a few hours. SMTs generally take about four hours of your spokesperson’s time, depending upon how many interviews are booked. Interviews are typically scheduled in five-minute windows.
Benefits of Service:
- Effective use of spokesperson’s time;
- Allows spokesperson direct interaction with television reporters; and
- Maximizes on‑air time for your spokesperson, organization and issue.
The Service Includes:
- Writing the pitch notification;
- Targeting appropriate stations and networks;
- Pitching stations and networks;
- E-mailing press information to interested stations and networks;
- Booking interviews during designated interview times;
- Emailing scheduled stations and networks background information;
- Confirming scheduled interviews approximately 24 hours in advance;
- Coordination of studio and satellite time with on-site producer;
- Hiring and supervising all technical and creative personnel;
- B-Roll package for stations to supplement story available for additional cost;
- Placement of the story on content website: broadcastnewsresource.com;
- Video copy of each interview from the tour;
- Electronic encoding and personal follow-up calls to 100% of stations/networks conducting interviews;
- Interim updates on usage during the follow up process; and
- Final Broadcast Usage Report to include full usage information.
To Begin the Service, the Following is Needed:
- Background information – a press kit, press releases, fact sheets, and/or newspaper articles to write the pitch notification;
- Spokesperson’s availability – date(s) and times, allowing for about two to four hours;
- 15 business days lead time; and
- Basic demographic and geographic information for targeting.