Join us for this workshop presented by the PRSA-NCC Professional Development Committee on Wednesday, December 18, from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. Given the high stakes for your organization for saying the wrong thing, knowing how to collaborate with your legal team is smart PR.
This event will cover the following:
- What you can say or not say (and when) during a crisis?
- What are the rules in communicating via social media? Are there any rules?
- What do communicators need to know when their company might be going public?
- Who has the final say – lawyers or communicators?
Panelists include, for the Lawyers:
- Paul Ferrillo, Counsel, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP. Paul focuses on complex securities and business litigation.
- Tara Lee, Partner, DLA Piper. Tara is a leading trial litigator and investigations counsel, who often deals with contract and tort disputes, white collar and regulatory defense, and anti-corruption matters.
- Reid H. Weingarten, Partner, Steptoe & Johnson, LLP. Reid is widely recognized as one of the nation’s top white-collar criminal defense lawyers.
And, for the Communicators:
- Tammy Gordon, VP for Social Media/Communications. Tammy is responsible for how AARP effectively uses social media to reach a diverse range of key audiences.
- Leslie Aun, VP of Communications for Venture Philanthropy Partners. In previous roles, Leslie has managed crisis communications for such organizations as MCI Communications, Sodexo, Special Olympics, World Wildlife Fund, and Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
Moderator: Richard S. Levick, Esq., Chairman & CEO of Levick, a public affairs and communications firm.
Cost: $35 PRSA, WWPR and BPRS Members, $55 Non-members, $10 Students/Retirees, $10 additional at the door
Location: Navy Memorial, 701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20004; Metro: Navy Memorial/Archives (green/yellow lines)