A new report from Nielsen breaks down an in-depth study of users and usage, including radio listenership data, in its Comparable Metrics Report Q1 2017. Some of the highlights from the report on radio usage include:
- On average, radio reaches 227,562,000 people each week.
- People spend roughly 190,469,394,000 minutes a week listening to radio.
- Weekly, radio reaches 93% of adults.
- Radio reaches more people ages 18-34 than other platforms.
- On average, an adult listens to radio 13 hours a week.
- People turn to radio, on average, 5 days a week.
- 2% of African American people listen to the radio every week.
- For Hispanic people, the percentage is even greater with 98% listening to the radio a week.
More and more people from all ethnicities and age groups are turning to radio. Proving it is increasingly an ideal medium to get your message heard.