Audio Bite Lines
An audio bite line (ABL) is a web link at broadcastnewsresource.com for stations and networks to download or record soundbites, and where background on the story is provided. Sixty newsrooms are personally pitched and followed up with for this service.
Benefits of Service:
- Maximize exposure by reaching many stations/networks simultaneously; and
- Effective in quick turnaround situations, if necessary.
The Service Includes:
- Writing the broadcast alert (with your final approval);
- Recording spokesperson’s soundbite(s) over the phone;
- Editing the spokesperson’s soundbites;
- Placement on our content website, broadcastnewsresource.com;
- Targeting appropriate stations and/or networks;
- Personalized phone pitching to 60 newsrooms/reporters and receiving a definitive “yes” or “no” to sending them the story;
- Verification of usage with 100% of accepting stations/networks;
- Additional verification with each station/network downloading the sound;
- Engaging monitoring companies to help verify usage;
- Interim update three business days after the initial pitching; and
- Final Broadcast Usage Report to include full usage information five business days after the initial pitching.
To Begin the Service, the Following is Needed:
- Background information – a press kit, press releases, fact sheets, and/or articles to write the broadcast alert;
- Minimum twenty-four hours lead time; and
- Basic demographic and geographic information for targeting.