Public Service Announcements
A public service announcement (PSA) is a produced audio reports or written scripts from a non-profit organization, foundation or charity, and generally run 15 seconds and/or 30 seconds in length. PSAs are generated for on-air use by radio stations and networks to promote a specific message aimed at increasing public awareness or having listeners take specific action on an issue.
Benefits of Service:
- Builds an organization’s image and drives action; and
- Gives organization ability to localize a national story.
The Service Includes:
- Consultation on creative work and production of PSA;
- Professional voice-over with production;
- Targeting appropriate stations and/or networks;
- Writing a cover letter to accompany the PSA;
- Distributing cover letter and scripts via broadcast alert;
- Placement on our content website, broadcastnewsresource.com;
- Personalized phone pitching to public service directors in targeted areas of the country;
- Verification of usage to 100% of accepting stations/networks;
- Engaging monitoring companies to help verify usage;
- Interim update on usage roughly halfway through the follow-up process; and
- Final Broadcast Usage Report to include full usage information.
To Begin the Service, the Following is Needed:
- Background information — a press kit, press releases, fact sheets, and/or articles to write the cover letter and public service announcement copy;
- At least five business days lead time; and
- Basic demographic and geographic information for targeting.